BTL Vanquish is an FDA-cleared procedure for fat reduction on the abdomen and thighs. This painless, non-invasive treatment uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to target heat into the fat layer while protecting surrounding skin. This causes fat-cell (adipocyte) death. Over time, these dead cells are then eliminated from the body by the lymphatic system.
We recommend four to six treatments per target area to achieve optimal results. Treatment time is 45 minutes for the abdomen and 30 minutes each for the thighs. Treatments are done 7-10 days apart to achieve optimal results. Many patients are able to see the difference as soon as three to four weeks after completion of treatment protocol. Optimal results take only two months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Is The Right Candidate For BTL Vanquish Me?
BTL VANQUISH ME treatments are designed for those who want to decrease the circumference of their abdomen and thighs – regardless of their BMI. The BTL VANQUISH ME is an option for those who desire aesthetic improvement without the cost and recovery time of surgery.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
During your first visit, the BTL VANQUISH ME provider will help you design your individual treatment plan. Most patients undergo 4-6 treatments scheduled 1 week apart, but this can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Each therapy session takes approximately 45 minutes to treat abdominal part, and 30 minutes to treat thighs. You can easily return to your daily activities right after each session. Patients have reported results as soon as after 2 weeks.
What Does The Treatment Feel Like?
Comfort is the main advantage of BTL VANQUISH ME compared to some other shaping therapies. The entire procedure is contactless. All you will typically feel is a warm sensation in the treated area which may last for a few hours post therapy. The treatment is performed in a lying position so you can easily relax during the procedure.
What Kind Of Results Can I Expect To See?
You can expect reduction in circumference of your abdomen, saddlebags, or thighs. The exact reduction will depend on many factors, including your BMI.
Is There Any Downtime?
The whole procedure is non-invasive, contactless, and requires no recovery time. You can easily have the treatment during your lunch break, and return to your daily activities immediately. In fact, you are encouraged to exercise, eat well and stay very hydrated during the treatment period.
How Fast Will I See Results?
Many patients report changes as soon as 2 to 3 weeks after the first treatment, when their body starts to naturally eliminate disrupted fat cells. Optimal results can be usually seen after a couple of months.
How Long Will The Results Last?
The treatment causes fat cell disruption. These cells will not regenerate and are gone for good. However, if you experience significant weight gain, the remaining fat cells can still increase in size to change the appearance of the previously treated area.
Will I Need To Change My Lifestyle Or Follow A Defined Diet?
The BTL VANQUISH ME will help you achieve aesthetic improvement regardless of your lifestyle. You will not be required to exercise or alter your dietary habits. However, the treatment results give you a head start to a better looking body. Most patients feel motivated to take care of themselves better when the procedure is over.
How Does it Work?
The adjustable panel hovers over the treatment area and delivers radiofrequency energy. It does not come in contact with the skin. The energy passes through the skin, to the subcutaneous fat, and heats the fat cells and melts them. The skin is left unharmed while the temperature on it reaches approximately 100 degrees. The core fat reaches a temperature of 120 degrees. The heat from the device creates a degree of skin tightening which is beneficial to anyone with a little bit of loose skin. The fat cells are also processed by the lymphatic system and eliminated from the body.
What Sets BTL Vanquish Me Apart?
The BTL VANQUISH ME is the only contactless body-shaping device on the market. Its large treated area makes the therapy typically more affordable, with more fat removed compared to other procedures. Its body shaping effects tend to be more uniform across the entire body part. Contrary to other devices, it is available to patients with any BMI. The BTL VANQUISH ME technology is based on the elevation of fat temperature. As such, there is no risk of paradoxical adipose hyperplasia – a phenomenon related to technologies based on tissue freezing.
Who should not do Vanquish?
Patients with lymphedema, or other conditions that impact the lymphatic system, are also not suitable candidates for Vanquish since this procedures depend on the lymph system to remove the damaged fat from the treatment area. A woman who is pregnant or breast-feeding should not undergo treatment until she is no longer pregnant or breast-feeding. Those with metal implants or implantable devices (incl. metal IUD, pacemakers, defibrillators or cardiac stents) should not be treated.
Compare Vanquish to Coolsculpt
- CoolSculpting and Vanquish are both non-surgical cosmetic treatments used to reduce excess fat by delivering extreme temperatures. CoolSculpting uses low temperatures to freeze and destroy fat cells while Vanquish uses the heat from radiofrequency energy. Despite the temperature differences both treatments can eliminate fat on the larger regions of the body such as the abdomen, thighs, flanks and backside. These body contouring procedures provide better proportions and a more pleasing patient silhouette. Neither device removes as much fat as surgical liposuction, however, both Vanquish and Coolsculpting are very effective at fat reduction. Both procedures are non-invasive and offer less risk compared to liposuction.
- Vanquish and Coolsculpting are not weight loss programs, but rather devices that can be used for those problem areas that don’t seem to go away with exercise and a healthy diet.
- Coolsculpting destroys fat cells by freezing; Vanquish destroys fat cells with heat. Once the fat cells are destroyed, the body’s lymphatic system carries away the cellular debris, and it is excreted.
- Fat cells generally don’t regenerate. With weight gain the fat cells swell, and with weight loss they shrink, but the number of fat cells remains fairly constant. So, when the fat cells are destroyed they don’t come back, and it is a permanent effect.
- Vanquish and Coolsculpting both work, but in very different ways.
Here are the facts:
FDA STUDY RESULTS:
- Vanquish is a newer technology than Coolsculpting, and was FDA approved for permanent fat reduction in June 2015.
- In the FDA studies, Coolsculpting destroyed 20-25% of the fat cells treated, Vanquish destroyed 25-30%.
- The size of the area treated with Coolsculpting is about the size of a stick of butter. The area treated with Vanquish is a half circle that includes the entire abdomen, front and sides.
- Coolsculpting requires a small area of fatty tissue to be sucked into the device and left in place for one hour. Then, another area is treated, and so on. Because of this technique, the treatment is often uneven, and lumpy.
- By contrast, Vanquish treats the entire abdominal area at once, as the device hovers above the skin without contact, providing a more even, smoother result.
- To treat the entire abdominal area, the Coolsculpting device will often require 4-6 areas of treatment, each one requiring one hour of treatment. In the FDA study, Vanquish patients were treated with 4 treatments, 45 minutes/per session, at one week intervals.
- The Coolsculpting “freezing” treatment is more uncomfortable for most patients, compared to the non-contact Vanquish heat treatment.
- After Coolsculpting treatment, patients may suffer from neuralgia (nerve pain) due to freezing of the nerves. This usually resolves without treatment after weeks or months.
- Neuralgia has never been reported with Vanquish.
- PARADOXICAL ADIPOSE HYPERPLASIA (PAH) is a complication of Coolsculpting in which the area adjacent to the treated area undergoes rapid proliferation of the fat tissue, usually months after the initial Coolsculpting treatment. Further treatment with Coolsculpting is ineffective, and even liposuction has failed to remove the abnormal tissue. It may result in the need for surgical excision of the PAH tissue.
- PAH has never been reported with Vanquish.
The cost of Vanquish vs Coolsculpting is about the same for a large area such as an abdomen, or flank. Patients who desire to only have an area treated about the size of a stick of butter may find Coolsculpting to be more cost effective for a small treatment area.
BTL Vanquish uses radiofrequency technology to achieve better fat reduction results, more comfortably, with less risk of complications and with greater cost-effectiveness than Coolsculpt.
BTL Cellutone treatments are safe for patients of all ages and skin types who are suffering from any form of cellulite and or want an additional effect to other non-invasive body shaping procedure. This is an option for those who desire aesthetic improvement without the cost and recovery time of surgery.
Procedure time is 7-15 minutes per treatment area. Painless and non-invasive.
At Goldson Medical Associates, LLC we recommend that the BTL Vanquish treatment be immediately followed by a BTL Cellutone treatment. When the treatments are paired the patient experience is significantly improved. The oscillating movement of the BTL Cellutone helps increase blood circulation to the treatment area, resulting in better lymphatic drainage and improved elimination of fat cells.
The combination therapy helps to improve skin texture and tightening, as well as deliver faster circumferential reduction. The combination allows results to be seen as early as 3 sessions compared to the 4-6 weeks expected for BTL Vanquish alone.
Image courtesy of Goldson Medical Assoc LLC after 6 treatments with BTL Vanqish and Cellutone”